Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Perceptions

Yesterday I was reading in Romans 12 and there were a few verses which stood out to me and caught my attention so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts about them here bit by bit.
"The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him."
Isn't it funny how we all have a tendency to put people in boxes because the only way we can see them is through our lenses of experience. So we categorize and box people in.
I for one have never liked it when people have put me in such poxes like, "Ramona always talks", "Ramona is always forgetting thing", "Ramona's head is always in the clouds"... etc. etc. Although some of these perceptions might be true in some way, they are a mere fraction of who I really am.
I have always tried to break out of these boxes and change the ways people think about me. I have always tried to prove something to people but honestly that is quite tiring and often times doesn't work.
So last year when I sorted out a lot of things and reflected a lot of my behavior I decided to not do that any more - try to prove something but instead rest in how God sees me.
Now I am not perfect and I still struggle in many areas and there are always areas in life we need to work on. Come on, we're human!
But the only way we should see ourselves is through Jesus' eyes and that is very comforting. So let us all try that today:

1. To see us the way He sees us and 2. To see others that way

xoxo

Ramona


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button