Thursday, May 3, 2012

To be continued...

Last Fall I talked about great changes. I told you that I felt something was on the verge of happening. Something grand. Something I had been waiting for for a very long time. And indeed everything changed last Fall. But not like I expected. I expected an immediate change. I imagined it to just happen to be solved and there in the palm of my hand to be grasped and seen and touched. But that was not God's plan. I was right about the change but so wrong about its undertaking.
In the darkness of this Winter in the attempt of writing new chapters in life and finding new adventures I might have lost sight of that very thing that I knew of last Fall. Change. The start of something big. The beginning of something grand.

At the Colour Conference on the very last night I was reminded of it again. I needed to be reminded. And where better could it come from than God's word. It speaks life and truth and it spoke right into my heart.
I am going to share those verses from 2 Corinthians 8:10-20 out of The Message translation:
"So here's what I think: The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale. Your heart's been in the right place all along. You've got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it. Once the commitment is clear, you do what you can, not what you can't. The heart regulates the hands. This isn't so others can take it easy while you sweat it out. No, you're shoulder to shoulder with them all the way, your surplus matching their deficit, their surplus matching your deficit. In the end you come out even."

So, here's to the change that is still happening. Here's to finishing what has begun. And lastly here's to continuing to follow my heart for I know it has been in the right place.

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button