Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Progress and Change and things which stay the same

I have talked a lot about change over the last months and there is still a lot of change happening. In myself, with others and I am only now starting to fully come to terms with all the change happening. Sometimes you don't even have to understand or be able to answer all the questions but rather be thankful for the things which are still in place, be graceful with yourself and keep going in life with the dreams and plans God has put on your life.

And yet there are some things that will never change. Like friends gathering around a table. Friends who are so different from each other as can be and yet share a life, share memories. Friends who have learned to accept their differences and have learned to love the otherness of each other. I believe there is something profound and beautiful when gathering around a table to eat. It is more than community, more than food. I cannot pinpoint it but it's there and I always want to be able to share the table with my best friends.

Last weekend we not only celebrated my friend's wedding but we also got together to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had breakfast and laughed and dreamed about the future. We went for a walk in our beautiful region and bought fresh strawberries from street sellers.
Those are the things that will not change: The friendships, the memories, the connection and the growing together.

xoxo

Ramona


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button