Thursday, February 24, 2011

To lay down your Life

I am sorry it is taking me so long to keep bringing these posts, but I haven been with other fun things and actually living my friendships that I have not find the proper time to sit down and share PART THREE of Melina's interview.
Nonetheless the last part of this interview is awesome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do...


Nerdy Bowling October 2010 - she doesn't like that photo, but I think it is awesome!


What kind of a friend do you want to be?
I learned that being a follower of Christ also meant being a friend like him. Loving my friends without condition or self-interest. It means identifying with them and laying down my life for them, whether they "deserve" it or not. The God of the universe identifies with us, and we certainly do not deserve it in any way. We carry His Name and He chose us to represent Him in this earth. Moved and driven by this grace, how can I do anything but try my best and love my friends the same way.

Laying down my life for my friends plainly means to put their interest and their best before my own. It means that I seek to do them good. That I believe in them and in their dreams. It means to be honest with them and open for correction. It means that I am quick to forgive. It means that my heart desires to see their lives expand and flourish. It means to pray for them. To listen to them without thinking about what I want to say. To give without wanting to receive. To be their biggest "fan" and celebrate the "awesomeness" of God's character in them. It means to always believe the best and to believe they can do and be anything God has designed them to.

Understanding and living true friendships has been and still is a journey. It is a learning process, a matter of trust and doing life together with your friends. At this point I must add that the kind of friendship as described can only be experienced with people that share the same spirit and the same heart as you. It is only possible to be full of love, if THE LOVE - Jesus - is the center of it. I am ever grateful for the amazing friends God has blessed me with. Together we can grow and learn about friendship that is grounded in Christ's never ending and unfailing love. We're not where we want to be yet - but we are learning, moving forwarded - and it is so much fun! I wouldn't want to go one day without them.

This is what John, a very close friend of Jesus wrote about Him…I believe John's understanding of friendship was forever changed after experiencing the friendship of God incarnate.

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters." 1 John 3, 16
Late night fun on the Mac sometime in 2010

I hope you enjoyed this interview and Melina's thoughts as much as I did. There are more post coming concerning the subject Friendship, one more interview and something special I have reserved for the end.
Hope you are enjoying a wonderful week, having great friends.

xoxo

Ramona

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww....I feel humbled, honored, blessed and loved while reading the interview of Melina! This is truly what I can say about her too! Thanks to all my real friends like you both are two of them! Love you girlies!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button