Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 13 How to handle a busy life

It is Monday afternoon and we're entering the last two weeks before Christmas, before my Christmas break and I just want to take a couple of minutes to write, reflect and ponder a couple of thoughts.
First of all I have to say that I believe that a stressful life is a choice, a malfunctioning time management and that it doesn't just happen to you. Yes, we may have a lot on our plate to handle, there might be a lot going on but getting into the feeling of stress is something we sort of do to ourselves.
That having been said I want to give you a few how to's in planning and managing your time where you still get to have time for yourself.
And let me tell you, I used to be Ms no-plan, unorganized, crazy person, all over the place... but I have learned... so I guess that sort of gives me a right of a say :-)

1. Make a list
I have become a huge fan of to do lists. Escpecially within the extremely "busy" times of Christmas where there is one party after another I sit down at the beginning of each week to plan what I want to get done each day of that week.
Don't try to do it all in one day or one night but rather structure it so you do a little each day (and that coming from me is a BIG step).

2. Sort through your to dos
Maybe you do not even know where to start with all your to dos. Maybe you have an overflow of tasks required from you. Take piece of paper and go through all your emails, tasks, in whatever way you have them and write them down. Then make a to do list out of them.

3. See the big picture
Sometimes we have the feeling like we're lost in detail and cannot see the end. Take some time to write out what you you want to do, what you have to do and clear your mind

4. Take a break, enjoy the moment
See, when you plan your things well, you will be able to just sit down (without a bad conscience), watch a movie, have coffee with a friend and enjoy the life you're living. Don't let it rush by. Enjoy every precious second of it. Do it on purpose and don't get lost in being busy. You choose to enjoy your life.

at the ONE Christmas Party 2010 - perfect Christmas feeling
xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button