Monday, March 8, 2010

Security is like a table...

I have been wanting to write this blog for a week already but haven't really found the time yet. So I'm taking a little afternoon break and reflect with you on a few thoughts.

At you(th) we talked about "Good Days" lately and last week our youth pastor talked about Security. He brought an example that was so remarkable I want to share it with you.

When you think of security, what are some of the things you think about? Well, I guess one word that doesn't come to your mind is a table. But when I think of a table, I first think of a table where my family and best friends are gathered, we're all sharing a beautiful meal. In this group of people I feel safe. I can be who I really am. They accept me the way I am.
Now, in order to sit at this table (let's assume it is a wooden table) a tree had to be made into a table, meaning the tree basically had to die.
Now here is another thought in between: during an earthquake, what is the safest place to be? Under a table.

Well now... Jesus died on a cross our differentyl said on a tree. He endured the cross and all its shame (crucifiction was the worst and most horrible torture there ever was - so bad the romans abolished it a couple years later) so that we might be saved and made righteous before God through our faith in Him.
Therefore he became the tree of life for us. And in him or through him we have security and can share and have a beautiful life in Him.

To finish this up want to quote John 10:10 and also give you a to other verses to read
"The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. "

Acts 3:10
Hebrews 12:2

To wrap this up I want to ask you, where you find your security?

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button